Service Technician / Mechanic
Sorry, this job has expired.
At TechnipFMC, our people are the key to our success. Join us and create your own success!
As a global oil and gas leader we’re constantly powering innovation, transforming client project economics and working at the heart of some of the world’s most exciting energy projects.
We're currently looking for service technicians to join our team.
• High school degree or GED.
• Technical/vocational/or military training or related experience.
• 2 years college a plus.
• 2-5 years mechanical, electronic and hydraulic related experience in an oilfield equipment environment and successful completion of the FMC Surface Service Apprentice Program.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Valid driver’s license. Physically fit and able.
• Systems oriented and highly motivated with a positive attitude.
• Understand and follow FMC Operating Procedures, Quality Manual and START Safety Program.
• Complete in-depth on-the-job, shop, and classroom training, including Service Skills Training Class, Petex Drilling Technology, Introduction to Marine Drilling, and any other training for specific products.
• Understand instruction on all paperwork requirements (Field Service Orders, expense reports, etc.); standard OSHA requirements (forklift, Material Safety Data Sheets, etc.); and EPA requirements.
• Continue to train to meet all competency levels.
• Install repairs and troubleshoot surface wellhead systems.
• Maintain a minimum competency level of 27 and continue to train to meet all competency levels.
• Work independently to install new products and conduct repairs of FMC equipment insuring no rig lost time for our customers while controlling expenses and maintaining assets of FMC.
• Provide project start-up expertise, including oversight during first installations.
• Assure all equipment, service tooling and spare parts are on location and ready to use and function fit prior to beginning each job.
• Record critical dimensions to ensure assembly will work and obtain or create product running procedures.
• Provide “project support” as required, for all new projects which includes: attending design review for equipment and tools, reviewing installation procedures, assisting with project factory acceptance.
• Test and review project training requirements for service personnel.
• Maintain communication with company representative on issues including job procedures, spare parts requirements, function fit and critical dimension measurements.
• Provide sales support through quality customer interface and keeps customer fully informed of all aspects of the job.
• Handle customer complaints in a professional manner.
• Complete Field Non-Conformance Reports (FNCR) forms as product problems are encountered.
• Assure all equipment and procedural defects are communicated back to FMC Service Management.
• Prepare and submit Field Service Orders and other region-required reports after each job is complete.
• Complete a Tally book or other form to communicate procedures, spare parts, critical dimensions and customer questions and complaints.
• Understand and follow all FMC and customer safety requirements.
• Proactively pursue safe work practices, recommend safe work practices/procedures and participate in safety meetings and safety training.
• Assist with training of less experienced technicians.
• Customer service skills - communication skills, strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Organized and systematic with troubleshooting and problem assessment skills.
Why join us?
Energy powers the world and TechnipFMC is leading the way, from the North Sea to Brazil and from the US to Australia.
Across the planet, our outstanding employees are modern day pioneers. Daily, they invent and innovate, constantly seeking and finding solutions to the challenges of geography, geology, market economics, and sustainability. They are people doing an important job. If you’d like to join them and create your own success, apply today.